Melissa & Doug Wooden Steep & Serve Tea Set
Recommended Age: 3 years+
May I take your order? This wooden tea set has everything your little one needs to host the perfect pretend tea party: teapot with lid, two cups, two spoons, a sugar bowl, a milk pitcher, six tea varieties, and two cookies. Tea bags with brightly colored tags store in a handy tea caddy and the wipe-off order card makes tea selection a snap! This adorable tea service encourages creative thinking and imaginative play and promotes memory and color recognition. Who's ready for tea for two?
- All-wood tea service for two
- Includes teapot with lid, 2 cups, 2 spoons, sugar bowl, milk pitcher, 6 assorted teas in tea caddy, 2 cookies, dry-erase card, placemat
- Tea caddy includes descriptions of different varieties of teas
- Brightly colored tags help child to identify different teas
- Encourages creative thinking and imaginative play; promotes memory and color recognition
Product: 12" x 15" x 3.5" Packaged 2.8 lbs
Package: 15.6" H x 12.1" W x 3.6" L
Discover Countless Ways To Play
- Help kids identify what each item in the tea set is and what colors appear on it.
- Play memory: Say each tea's name and color to kids. Turn the tea chest upside down, then hand kids one (or more) tea bag and ask them to remember its name. Turn the tea chest over again and see if they were right!
- Place the tea bags in incorrect spots in the tea chest, and have kids put them back into the correct spots as quickly as possible.
- Line up all six tea bags and ask kids to study them. As they close their eyes, hide one or more of the tea bags. Ask them to look at the remaining tea bags and figure out which is missing.
- Ask kids if they have ever tasted any of the flavors in the tea set in food (for example gingerbread cookies or mint ice cream). Ask them which other familiar flavors might taste good as tea!
- Encourage kids to imagine owning a tea shop. Have them set a fancy table for a tea party on the removable placemat. Then place your order on the menu card and ask them to serve your selection. Discuss what other items are sometimes offered at tea parties (finger sandwiches, scones). Optional: Help kids make invitations and place cards with the names of the tea party guests. If it's a formal affair, help the child dress up in a fancy outfit and decorate the play space.
Our product #: 196785